02 Jan Immigration Rules Appendix G: Youth Mobility Scheme
Countries and territories taking part in the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme and annual allocation of places for 2019.
- 1. Places available for use by Countries and Territories with Deemed Sponsorship Status:
- Australia – 31,000 places
- New Zealand – 14,000 places
- Canada – 6,000 places
- Japan – 1,000 places
- Monaco – 1,000 places
- Taiwan – 1,000 places
- 2. Places available for use by Countries and Territories without Deemed Sponsorship Status:
- South Korea – 1,000 places
- Hong Kong – 1,000 places
Invitation to apply arrangements:
- 3. In order to effectively and efficiently manage the release of the above allocations, the Home Office will operate the arrangements set out in paragraph 4 below, known as invitation to apply arrangements, in relation to the allocation of places available for use by nationals of the following countries with Deemed Certificate of Sponsorship Status:
- 4. Under these arrangements:
- (i) a prospective applicant must submit an expression of interest in applying for entry clearance under the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) relevant allocation (an expression of interest) in accordance with the process published by the Home Office,
- (ii) no more than one expression of interest per person will be accepted by the Home Office during each period in which they may be submitted,
- (iii) the Home Office will:
- (1) select at random those to whom an invitation to apply for entry clearance under the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) relevant allocation is to be issued from the pool of those who have submitted an expression of interest, and
- (2) keep a record of those individuals to whom an invitation to apply is issued, and
- (iv) the Home Office may:
- (1) place a time limit on the period during which an expression of interest is to be submitted,
- (2) determine the number of invitations to apply that may be issued in any calendar month, except that where the number of expressions of interest received in a calendar year exceeds the allocations specified above, the total number of invitations to apply in a calendar year shall not be less than the annual allocations specified above,
- (3) place a time limit on the validity of an invitation to apply.
- Annual quota arrangements
- 5. In order to ensure the continuity of the scheme, in the event that available places cannot be agreed for the purpose of annual renewal, either 1,000 or 50% of the previous year’s places, or whichever is the greater, will automatically carry over into the next year.
Click here to read more.